IV sedation is necessary for more invasive procedures, such as extraction of wisdom teeth or implant surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. Doing so could be life threatening during sedation.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing or short sleeves the day of surgery.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive make-up, or nail polish at the time of Surgery.
If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, etc., please notify the office prior to the day of surgery (the procedure may be rescheduled).